My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://wheresmy40acres.com
and update your bookmarks.

iTunes Subscribers

Where's My 40 Acres Podcast Show

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Best Mixtapes of 2011

Updated List as of (8/30)
Sidenote: Section.80 & The Hangover Pt.1 are on this list, BUT, are not mixtapes.  However, since they are indepent releases, I've decided to included them.  Returnof4Eva was also MISTAKENLY placed on this list, but because many people still don't know about it, I'm leaving it on here...for now. (Best Albums of 2011 coming soon...)

I ain't gone lie to yall, I've been asked on facebook and twitter about this and I didn't understand WHY so many people were asking.  Now I do.  I peeped those lists, you know, the ones over at TWV and Complex (I heard they got Wiz Khalifa as one of the bestest's best..smh).  So I'm putting together Phenom's 40 Acres List of the Best Mixtapes of 2011, so far ofcourse.


No, particular order man, it ain't about that, they're all number 1's to me atm...


Rapsody - Thank H.E.R. Now

DOWNLOAD



 Kendrick Lamar - Section.80

PURCHASE DOWNLOAD


 Big K.R.I.T. - Last King 2: God's Machine

DOWNLOAD




STS - The Illustrious

DOWNLOAD



Danny Brown - XXX

DOWNLOAD



Wale - One Eleven One

DOWNLOAD



Gods'Illa - CPR The Blend Tape

DOWNLOAD



Nerd Ferguson - The Hangover Pt.1

DOWNLOAD


Sean Boog - Phantom of the Jamla






Phil Ade - A Different World

DOWNLOAD


No I.D. Presents Cocaine 80's: The Pursuit

DOWNLOAD



Jean Grae - Cookies or Comas

DOWNLOAD



Laws - Yesterday's Future

DOWNLOAD




Dom Kennedy - The Original Dom Kennedy


DOWNLOAD


TheWeeknd - HouseOfBalloons


DOWNLOAD


Skyzoo - The Great Debater


DOWNLOAD
























Phene - God on a GreyHound





Frank Ocean - Nostalgia, ULTRA.


DOWNLOAD


King Mez & Khrysis - The King's Khrysis


DOWNLOAD


Big K.R.I.T. - ReturnOf4Eva


DOWNLOAD


Nitty Scott,MC - The Cassette Chronicles


DOWNLOAD


Money Making Jam Boys - The Prestige: Jam Boy Magic



Stalley - Lincoln Way Nights


DOWNLOAD


Elzhi - Elmatic


DOWNLOAD


Aleon Craft - Mothership Decatur


DOWNLOAD


Smoke DZA - The Hustlers Catalog


DOWNLOAD


Childish Gambino - E.P.


DOWNLOAD


Pusha-T - Fear Of God


DOWNLOAD


XV - Zero Heroes


DOWNLOAD



Benjamin Starr - The Scorsese Sessions


DOWNLOAD
 
Cyhi The Prynce - Royal Flush 2

DOWNLOAD


The ILLZ - :03 From Gold

DOWNLOAD



Pac Div - Mania!

DOWNLOAD



Kanye West  - G.O.O.D. FRIDAY SERIES MIXTAPE

DOWNLOAD


Spree Wilson - The Never Ending Now

DOWNLOAD


Fashawn - Higher Leaning Vol.2

DOWNLOAD

12 comments:

Clovasaurus said...

What is the easiest way for me to get my hands and ears on these?

Big Simba said...

All of them are in the Mixtape Section, but if you find one with a dead link, let me know and I'll get you a link to it, u can use the Search Bar at the top Let of the site

drezzz said...

yall need to hit up datpiff.com free mixtapes!

Philly2AZ said...

Ain't to many knuckle heads fucking with this list!!! If they attempt, let me know because I'm betting money on y'all list and then blow my re-up on a shortie! Salute!

Big Simba said...

Philly2AZ,
Ain't nobody f*cking with this list which is WHY we're number 1 in the google search for Best Mixtapes of 2011.. And the list ain't even done.. There are alot of albums that need a thorough listen before I can dumb them one of the bests of this year.. Keep watch.. the list can only grow

Davey Ls said...

I like how there's only 36 mixtapes listed, yeah, I counted

Jack M said...

Childish Gambino's link is disabled

Big Simba said...

Jacks
Thanks you for telling us. I'll re-up it later.

Anonymous said...

Aye bra 4 The ILLZ mix can you post up a new link

Big Simba said...

Yea.. I'll re-up it tonight

d3uc3swi1d said...

datpiff.com is the sh*t! There are some great mixtapes on the list, and I need to check out a few of them. You should also check out Ludacris "1.21 Gigawatts: Back to The First Time," Nipsey Hussle's "The Marathon Continues," Lil Wayne "Sorry 4 the Wait," Fred The Godson "City of God: Gangsta Grillz," Birdman & Mack Maine "Billionaire Minds," Smokes "The Pre-Party," with honorable mentions to Machine Gun Kelly "Rage Pack," & 2 Chainz "T.R.U. Realigion."

I know I listed a bunch, but there are SOOOO many great mixtapes out. I also have so many still to listen to. I only found out about datpiff.com a few weeks ago, and I am downloading new flame everyday.

Great list, and I can't wait to check out the ones I don't already know about!

Anonymous said...

House of Balloons all the way!! It is the best mix tape of 2001 by far.

IF YOU DIG THE SITE OR THE PODCAST PLEASE MAKE A DONATION TO WM40A. HELP US KEEP THE COMEDY AND HIP-HOP COMING.